I graduated in May 2014 with a Ph.D. degree, and
I'm working for Qualcomm Research in San Diego, CA USA.
I earned my Ph.D. in
Electrical and Computer Engineering
at The University of Texas at Austin.
At UT Austin, I was a member of
Center for Perceptual Systems
and Wireless Networking and communications Group.
My supervisor is Prof. Brian L. Evans .
I received my B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering Department at Tsinghua University, China,
in July 2009, and then enrolled at UT Austin in fall 2009 for graduate ECE studies.
Generally I'm interested in computer vision and machine learning. My graduate research mainly focuses on the area of computational photography, including video acquisition, motion deblurring and superresolution on mobile phone cameras. Besides, I'm also interested in sparse coding for object recognition and image restoration.
Publications at UT Austin
- Online Camera-Gyroscope Auto-Calibration for Cellphones
C. Jia and B. L. Evans, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 5070-5081, Dec. 2014.
- "Real-Time 3D Rotation Smoothing for Video Stabilization"
C. Jia, Z. Sinno and B. L. Evans, Proc. Asilomar Conf. on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Nov. 2-5, 2014, pp. 673-677, Pacific Grove, CA USA.
- "Constrained 3D Rotation Smoothing via Global Manifold Regression for Video Stabilization"
C. Jia and B. L. Evans, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 62, no. 13, pp. 3293-3304, Jul. 1, 2014.
- "Online Calibration and Synchronization of Cellphone Camera and Gyroscope"
C. Jia and B. L. Evans, IEEE Global Conference on Signal and Information Processing (GlobalSIP), Dec. 3-5, 2013, pp. 731-734, Austin, TX USA.
- "3D Rotational Video Stabilization using Manifold Optimization"
C. Jia and B. L. Evans, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), May 26-31, 2013, Vancouver, Canada.
[pdf] (Google Travel Grant Winner)
- "Probabilistic 3D Motion Estimation for Rolling Shutter Video Rectification from Visual and Inertial Measurements"
C. Jia and B. L. Evans, IEEE International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing (MMSP), May 26-31, 2013, Vancouver, Canada.
[pdf] (Top 10% Best Paper Award)
- "Mobile Multipath Cooperative Network for Real-time Streaming"
V. Raveendran, P. Bhamidipati, X. Luo, X. Huang and C. Jia, Signal Processing: Image Communication, vol. 27, Feb. 2012.
- "Patch-based Image Deconvolution via Joint Modeling of Sparse Priors"
C. Jia and B. L. Evans, IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), Sep. 11-14, 2011, Brussels, Belgium.
- Visual recognition
- Digital Video
- Machine learning
- Computer graphics
- Sparsity, structure and algorithms
- Vision systems
- Numerical linear algebra
- Stochastic optimization
- Model-based detection and estimation
- Introduction to system theory
- probability and stochastic processes
- Information theory
- Analysis and design of communication networks
- Digital communications